Sunday, August 31, 2008

The wonders of the female mind

As regular readers will know by now, I'm a big fan of PostSecret, the community art project that provides a fascinating insight into human nature. While it's impossible to know how many "secrets" are lies, I'll bet they make up only a small proportion. Anyway, two interesting ones from this week's PostSecret on the wonder that is the female mind...



  1. Mike, as you recognise, we cannot know whether the postcards are actually indicative of any actual truth statements, therefore it is difficult to label the two that you post as emanating from 'the female mind'. How about a gay couple, civically united, the one party of which wishes to quit their job and wait on the other? Or what if they are purposefully sent in to obfuscate us. I think your comment of 'female mind' doesn't do you justice. Maybe I'm being a bit tetchy though...

  2. I see where you're coming from... but I'm not saying 'these postcards are evidence that the female mind is so-and-so'. I'm saying 'these postcards, which might not be real, illustrate known features of evolved female psychology'.

    You may be right about the gay couple thing, but it seems quite unlikely.

    Anyway, I filed this under "fun" for a reason: it's not to be taken too seriously.