- Attack of the drones (on the continued development of unmanned aircraft for surveillance and combat).
- 3D TV (much to my surprise, it seems 3D television may be coming our way soon).
- Air powered batteries (a new type of battery that uses oxygen from the atmosphere to charge itself so it can be much smaller and apparently it'll be cheaper too).
- AI and CAPTCHA's (argues CAPTCHA's are safe from wannabe Skynets. For now).
- A factory on your desk (from 3D printers to Matter Compilers. Maybe).
- Biohacking (the rise of amateur tinkering with biological systems).
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
The Economist released their latest Technology Quarterly a while back, here are my belated picks: