Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Video: Richard Wiseman

Richard Wiseman, the holder of the world's only professorship in the public understanding of psychology, is this week's guest on CFI's fantastic podcast Point of Inquiry. He has produced some seriously cool videos demonstrating various psychological effects, several of which have gone viral on YouTube. I've selected my two favorites and embedded them below, there's a full listing of available videos on Wiseman's YouTube channel.

The first video, embedded below (or click here to go directly to the video at YouTube), is called "
colour changing card trick" and is stupendously good. I don't want to spoil it for you by giving too much away, but you'll feel blind afterwards - I certainly did!



The second video, also embedded below (or click here to go directly to the video at YouTube), is called "The Prediction" and is equally fantastic - it would have freaked me out if I still believed in free-will.



2 comments:

  1. By the way, I'd be quite interested to hear if any of you caught on in video 1 (I didn't...) and if Wiseman predicted your moves correctly in video 2 (he did for me, twice!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, why does he flash a smiley face at you at 1:07? I thought subliminal messaging was unsupported by evidence, am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete