One beautiful illustration of Wikipedia's greatness is its comprehensive and fascinating list of unusual articles. A small sampling of the fun:
- "Japanese toilets" (Japanese people can be weird),
- "David Hahn" (a 17 year old boy who tried to build a nuclear reactor in his backyard),
- "Heavy metal umlaut" (to prove your band is ütterly hardcore),
- "Gay bomb" (weapon the US miliarty wanted to develop to, erm, "soften up" enemies),
- "GoldenPalace.com Monkey" (a species of monkey named after an internet casino),
- "Acoustic Kitty" (CIA wanted the use cats as spies), and
- "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" (an example of a grammatically correct sentence that is nearly impossible to parse).